Sunday, October 11, 2015

Cube Book Workshop

I got to spend last Sunday afternoon with five talented women in my Cube Book Workshop. It was offered through San Diego Book Arts. We played a word game called The Exquisite Corpse to generate content for our books, colored our paper using Distress Inks and folded our way to finished cube shaped books. The books have 4 pages that are folded inserts and everyone used different colors and techniques to make their books unique. I hope seeing these pictures will inspire you to try this structure.

The red triangular book was made by my mom, Faye after I taught her the cube book structure. I am including the pictures so you get an idea of one of the many variations you can do with this folded work.

Enjoy!

-Gina



Faye's 3 tiered triangle book.

Nancy K's colored pages.

Linnea, Janis, and Jade use dye inks to color their paper.

Nancy K. and Nancy W.  are hard at work coloring their paper.

Linnea folds up her book.

Nancy W. inserts pages into her colorful book.

Janis works on folding her last page.

Nancy W.'s finished book.

Janis' finished book open.

Jade's finished book with the pages removed.

3 comments:

  1. wonderful structure...are there directions?
    Love how everyone decorated their paper.
    ME

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this structure......do you have instructions on your blog somewhere please?

    A friend of mine pointed me in your direction...beautiful blog, thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jacqueline, Thanks for the comment and for stopping by. I don't have folding instructions for this one. I will try to make a post including them soon. There are several posts, including a new one, with folding instructions. I hope you try some.

      Delete