Saturday, November 12, 2016

An Abundance of Paper Goodness

I have been swamped with paper activities the past few weeks. Today I would like to take some time to write about all the goings on in my studio and at workshops.

1. I am in the middle of an online workshop called Paper Love helmed by Rachel Hazell, a feisty british woman who calls herself the traveling bookbinder. It is a 5 week course with lessons 6 days a week. 50+ participants are traveling together on this paper journey communicating via Facebook and Instagram. I have found my tribe and we live everywhere.
Paper tape made with any paper and double sided tape.

Collage employing the Golden Spiral.

Another collage with a cut map and torn papers.

My Alice in Wonderland collaged box to hold paper goodies.

Boxes made from watercolor paper and a map stencil.


2. I took an amazing workshop last weekend with Helen Hiebert through San Diego Book Arts and made the projects you see below with my fellow participants. What fun to light up paper!

Luminary screen from Helen's class.

Woven paper luminaries before we hinged and wrapped them.


Paper blow up ball.


3. I will be teaching a new class next Friday (November 18) from 1-3 PM at Art Lounge on 101. Sign up on the website and I hope to see you there.
Fall colored crane book class at Art Lounge on 101

Sample books for the crane class: Taking Flight.


4. Somehow I have also found time in this flurry of paper goodness to attend two artist's opening receptions this week. The first one is the San Diego Book Arts annual member show at Francis Parker School's Rose Art Gallery. The second is Bhavna Mehta's cut paper extravaganza "Nightfall" at Bread and Cie on University Ave. in Hillcrest. There is plenty of time to check out both shows and they are worth the drive (also Bread and Cie has wonderful bakery items).


Closeup of Nightfall by Bhavna Mehta.

Part of the 12 panel, 30 foot cut paper and embrodery work by Bhavna at Bread and Cie.

I hope this will inspired you to try some new paper ideas and get out and see some amazing paper/book art in San Diego.

Enjoy!

-Gina

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing, nice post! Post really provice useful information!

    FadoExpress chuyên dịch vụ chuyển phát nhanh siêu tốc đi khắp thế giới, nổi bật là dịch vụ gửi hàng đi mỹ, gửi hàng đi úc uy tín, giá rẻ.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for taking a look. Some of the sources are out of date, but I hope you check out Helen Hiebert and Paper Love.

      Delete