As you can see in the picture above each box holds a surprise; vellum envelopes with punched butterflies, a Couture bead necklace, Botanical Tea party invitations, and an origami dress box with a mini origami dress inside.
2. Bird Song Wall Hanging: I created origami pockets to hold squares cut from the 8 x 8 Bird Song paper. They fold up accordion style and fit into the 2 x 2 box that I made.
3. Pinwheel Alice: I invented this paper form and it reminded me of four stages where scenes can be creared. The Halloween in Wonderland papers had a perfect set of images that were just right to be cut out and placed on each stage.
4. Steampunk Accordion: This book is made with Graphic 45 Core'dinations card stock and Steampunk Debutante papers. It is held together using a slit and curled tab system. I embellished some of the images with vintage watch faces and gears. I like the contrast between the beautiful images and the industrial watch parts.
5. Three Flexigons: A flexigon is a paper toy that can be turned several times to reveal different images (see video for demonstration of how a flexigon works). I created two different square ones using Steampunk Debutante and Steampunk Spells as embellishments. I also discovered to my delight that Graphic 45 makes a few papers that have images and their mirrors. That allowed me to make the Hexaflexigon with fairies from the Once Upon a Springtime collection, dragonflies from Botanicabella and rabbits from Halloween in Wonderland. The technique creates surprising shapes and background images when carefully cut.
6. Finally, Three Glove Books: I saw an artist book once that had red leather gloves as the covers and decided to make my own. I started collecting vintage ladies gloves and created a way to bind them into books without damaging the gloves. They slip onto custom cut chipboard that has a book cloth spine.
6a. These pink gloves cried out to be paired with Botanical Tea papers and I created a woven paper design that looks lovely when open and folds flat for easy storage.
6b. The beaded black gloves were just the thing for a Couture book. The pages can hold vintage pictures, scraps of lace or whatever you can imagine.